Friday, January 27, 2012

Sample Post #2 Newspaper Article

This is the screen shot of the article.
Content of Article:

 
Catchy Heading
By Ruth Prouty


THIS is my LEAD PARAGRAPH.  Here I will provide information about WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and HOW.  I will keep this short and concise, and use accurate language.  This is all in PAST TENSE.
The next paragraphs will describe the EVENTS of my story.  I will go into more detail and include at least THREE DIRECT QUOTES from people who have observed, or were involved in the story I am reporting.  The paragraphs will be short in length.
Why is the moon sometimes out during the day? Why is the sky blue? To help prove to your kids that you're no dummy, here are the easy-to-understand answers to their most burning questions.
The moon is just as likely to be visible during the day as it is at night — it orbits Earth independently of the sun. When its orbit brings it to your part of the sky during daylight hours, it is illuminated by the sun, and we can see it.
When the different colors of light pass through the atmosphere, they run into molecules, water droplets and bits of dust. Because all these particles are closer in size to shorter wavelengths of light, they tend to scatter violet and blue light much more than red, and so they send rays of violet and blue ricocheting toward the ground — and your eyes. More violet light actually gets scattered by atmospheric particles than blue light, but your eyes are more sensitive to blue, so the sky appears blue.
            Sunsets are orange-red because in the evening, with the sun low on the horizon, sunlight must pass through more atmosphere to get to your eyes, and only the red light can make it all the way through. The shorter wavelengths have all been scattered toward the ground in the part of Earth where it is still daytime. 
This is where I WRAP-UP my report.  This is known as the TAIL.  I will include either a) an alternative view about the report OR b) future action due to events that have taken place.




Analysis of Features: 
1. Here I have describe feature #1 in detail.  I have also explained how this feature helps the purpose of my newspaper article.
2. Here I have describe feature #2 in detail.  I have also explained how this feature helps the purpose of my newspaper article.
3. Here I have describe feature #3 in detail.  I have also explained how this feature helps the purpose of my newspaper article.
4. Here I have describe feature #4 in detail.  I have also explained how this feature helps the purpose of my newspaper article.

No comments:

Post a Comment